We ensure our manufacturers work to strict codes of practice to help ensure none of their processes put the environment at risk. Equally vital is the welfare of the people who make our garments, wherever they are in the globe.
We believe that business should be conducted with total respect for people and the environment. We adopt a rigorous selection process for garment and product manufacturers, ensuring only those that are totally committed to exceeding our high ethical standards become appointed suppliers.
Please take time out to view examples of our work by clicking on our exclusive Eco School Wear Uniform Collection
By adopting WRAP, ethical manufacturers will be operating to one code of practice that will be implemented and policed by a third party. The code works for the benefit of the clothing industry, the environment and, not least, for the protection of locally-employed workers.
Our Standard for Our Suppliers
Our products are manufactured by different supplier organisations employing thousands of people in many countries. We recognise and honour our duty to protect the workforce used in the manufacture of our garments.
Please contact us for individual brands' commitments to the development of sustainable sourcing
Our selected brand manufacturers work tirelessly to ensure the provision of fair wages and working hours, safe and hygienic working conditions, regular employment and no discrimination, harsh or inhumane treatment of employees.
Each appointed supplier must comply with national and other applicable laws, and conform to the following terms as a minimum requirement:
- Children must not be employed below the legal minimum age required by the law of the individual country.
- Employees are to be paid no less than the legal minimum wage as required by the law of the individual country, and maternity leave must be made available to all female employees.
- Working hours must not exceed those set out by local legislation and overtime must be voluntary and always paid at a premium rate.
- Employment is freely chosen and no discrimination is practiced. There is no use of forced or involuntary labour and employees are free to leave their employment after reasonable notice.
- Good working conditions must prevail. The provision of adequate wash room facilities and a canteen are essential.
- Primary medical care must be provided on site.
- Workers' representatives are not discriminated against, and are allowed access to the workplace to carry out their representative functions.
So when you choose garments from County Sports & Schoolwear then you can have total confidence that the products are ethically sourced.
Please also refer to Our Environmental Policy